If you want to know how to clean a camera lens, then you are in the right place. Who doesn’t like photography? Almost every person loves to capture their beautiful moments. But professional photographers need good DSLR cameras and a clean lens to capture those stunning images. So, cleaning the DSLR lens is desperately crucial for any photographer who wants to capture a perfect photo.
But we must need to know the proper way of cleaning the DSLR lens. Maintaining the DSLR is important but cleaning the lens is more critical. If there is any dust or particles on the camera’s lens, it’ll ruin the whole image quality.
Which brand’s DSLR lens cleaner will be best?
There are so many brands that are selling the DSLR lens cleaning kit. It’s a bit confusing to choose the best cleaning kit for your precious DSLR camera. But don’t worry at all; we listed some best lens cleaners that are excellent and affordable.
So, these are some cleaning kits of popular brands which are highly rated and very affordable also.
How to run a dirt checking test on a DSLR lens?
By following two simple methods, you can quickly check any dirt or particles on your DSLR camera lens.
Set the focused mood to manual mood on your DSLR camera. Now slowly turn the focus ring at infinity. Now you can quickly see those tiny dust and dirt into the viewfinder.
Take some photos of bare surfaces. Capturing the Black/white background is the best option—capture a light contextual and a dark background. Now sift through these photos. If there is any dust, it’ll show up.
How to clean a DSLR lens with a cleaning kit?
DSLR lens cleaning kits are beneficial. Many profitable brands are selling suitable cleaning kits for DSLR lenses. But we recommend the highest rated products on Amazon, Walmart, or on eBay. Usually, DSLR lens cleaning kits have five accessories inside one set: air blower, soft-bristled brushes, cleaning wipes, microfiber cloth, cleaning fluid. Now let’s explore the proper way of cleaning the DSLR camera lens with the cleaning tools.
|CAUTION: You must wear rubber gloves before cleaning the DSLR lens kit.|
Take the air blower to blow those light dust from the DSLR lens. Blow it from a few centimeters away, and it will work nicely.
Now take the soft-bristled brush and clean the remaining dust from the DSLR lens. But make sure the soft-bristled brush is made of camel or goat hair to avoid scratches while cleaning the DSLR lens.
Rub the cleansing wipes gently on the lens surface and throw them away immediately. Because reusing the cleaning wipes may damage your DSLR lens.
Add a few drops of cleaning fluid on the microfiber cloth and rub it in a circular motion on the lens surface. It will remove oil, smudges, fingerprints, dust, and dirt.
Now finally, you’ve finished cleaning your DSLR lens. That is the correct and proper method of cleaning the DSLR lens with cleaning tools.
How can I keep my camera lens or filter clean?
Here are some easiest and best methods to always keep your DSLR lens clean.
- You must always attach the lens cap after finishing capture photos.
- Do not keep or place your lenses in dusty or dirty areas. Always store them inside your camera bag.
- While changing lenses, please avoid the windy places or weather; the dust can quickly enter your lenses by finding flow.
- When you are changing the camera lenses, please tilt down your DSLR camera to avoid dust and dirt.
- Always keep a microfiber cloth inside your camera bag. Clean the lens with a microfiber cloth after ending your photography session.
Please try to follow these steps every day, and it will help a lot to keep your DSLR lenses clean.
Can I clean my camera lens without lens cleaning solution/ kits?
Yes, you can also clean your camera lens without using the cleaning solution, but it’ll not be as perfect as the previous method.
1. Take a lens tissue or soft cloth and gently wipe over the camera lens. After cleaning all those light specks of dust, throw away that tissue.
2. If there is still some dirt or dust, try cleaning them with cotton buds. It will help a lot and will give a better result.
3. Now, take lens tissue or cloth and spray a small amount of regular glass cleaner liquid on that tissue and wipe it over the DSLR lens in a circular motion. It will clean most of the oil and smudges. Do not spray too much liquid, and it can harm your DSLR lens.
4. Take a soft dry cloth. Make sure it’s 100% cotton and wipe the lens again. Now you can see the lens is pretty much cleaned properly.
5. You can use this process to clean your filter.
You can apply this method if you don’t have the cleaning kits, but we always recommend the cleaning kits for the perfect cleaning process.
- There are some issues you will face while you are cleaning the DSLR lens. Sometimes there are some watermarks on the DSLR lens because of applying too much cleaning fluid during the cleaning process. Please try to use a minimum amount of lens cleaning solution while cleaning and never apply the liquid cleaner directly on the camera lens because it will harm your DSLR lens and leave some watermarks on the lens.
- Do not use a cleaning kit for a very long time. Most people make this mistake. If your cleaning kit becomes old or dirty, please throw it away kindly. Dirty and old cleaning kits ruin your cleaning process and will harm your DSLR Lens.
- Always check the quality of the soft-bristled brush before cleaning with it. Make sure your Soft-bristled brush is made with high graded materials like camel or goat hair. You can also buy your soft-bristled brushes separately. Sometimes the all in one cleaning kit doesn’t come with an excellent soft-bristled brush.
- Try to clean your DSLR lens every day with a microfiber cloth. Always carry a good quality microfiber cloth inside your camera bag. Just wiping the DSLR lens with the microfiber cloths will not take too much time, and keep your DSLR lens always clean.
- Never skip the weekly cleaning session of your DSLR lens. Avoiding or skipping the cleaning sessions of your camera lens can create a big problem while capturing photos.
- Do not try to clean your camera lens in too much hurry. Always clean the DSLR lens on a weekly holiday. Cleaning your camera lens with endurance will give a much better result.
- Try to avoid making any fingerprints.
So, these were some warnings you should check out and maintain. You can now quickly clean your DSLR lens with care and achieve a good image quality.
Tips: If your DSLR camera lens becomes too dirty, please try not to clean it at home. Usually, take your camera lens to a professional DSLR lens cleaner.
In this article, you know about camera lenses and the cleaning process. We recommend cleaning a camera lens with the help of professionals. For regular users, try to clean the lens every night or before use and after use. We talk with many professionals; they also clean lenses every night and deep clean once a week. They always keep a blower with them. You can also keep a blower for emergency or better image quality.
When you are free, clean your lens with a soft hand. Do not break lens glass while cleaning. If you are in a hurry, then usually take a clean towel and wipe it. But avoid cleaning in a rush.
We try to give you all information and try to follow all instructions. We hope this article will be helpful to you.
Have a good day, guys.
I am an enthusiastic student of optics, so I may be biased when I say that optics is one of the most critical fields. It doesn’t matter what type of optics you are talking about – optics for astronomy, medicine, engineering, or pleasure – all types are essential.
Table of Contents